Thursday, May 23, 2013

Character Analysis

by : Karla Gomez

The 3 most influential characters in my section are: Pip, Herbert & Estella.
Pip:
1Q; what does Herbert friendship means to you?
A: I appreciate Herbert’s friendship, because we treat each other like brothers and understand what we are going through and try to help each other; I have someone to tell my secrets to, “My dear Herbert, I have something very particular to tell you.”pg.220, and sees ways to understand and help me, “Oh! She is thousands of miles away, from me,” pg. 221, and he keeps me hopeful of my dreams.
2Q: What are your hopes with Estella?
A: I’ve loved her since the first time I saw her, but she seems of no interest, hopefully now with my studies and new fortune we might end up in marriage, and approved by Miss Havisham, her mother.
3Q: What is something you look forward to now being an adult?
A: Now that i am 21 and adult, I look forward receiving the regular income from my fortune, and I find a great sense of excitement to find who might be my mysterious benefactor. And maybe help my friend Herbert’s way into merchant business.
4Q: what are some of your motives?
A: I would like to be a rich gentlemen who is worthy of Estella and is able to lean and teach others, “Say you’ll help me be good then”pg.263, always trying to get better and thank others for helping me, “I thank you ten thousand times”pg.263.
5Q: What was something that might not be something you are proud of from your past?
A: I might had made some mistakes and not behaved my best, once a blacksmith, a poor uneducated boy. But I look forward getting better and being successful.
6Q: What do you think is holding in the future?
A: Now that i know that the convict i helped back in my childhood is actually the man responsible for my fortune i now realize my marriage with Estella is not meant to be and now i worry for what i thought to be so true could be so wrong.
Herbert:
1Q: Describe your friendship with Pip.
A: My friendship with pip is more than a brotherly one, we support each other and I help him realize he is not longer the little blacksmith he once was, “a good fellow, with impetuosity and hesitation, boldness and diffidence, action and dreaming, curiously mixed in him”pg.221.
2Q: How strong is your friendship with Pip?
A: Our relationship is very strong; I am able to recognize his feelings without even asking him or knowing the situation, “Told me! You have never told me when you have got your hair cut, but I have had senses to perceive it.-”pg.220
3Q:What are some of your hopes ?
A: I hope I can get my way into merchant business and earning enough money  I may marry Clara Barley.
4Q: What do you do the most?
A: I give a lot of advice and help Pip get his thoughts together so he can make a wise thought trough decisions and question him when he is not sure, “you feel convinced that you can take no further benefits from him : do you ?” pg 307.
5Q: What is more important, money or education?
A: Education is way more important, money has al limit but knowledge doesn’t, having an education can help you get a job and produce and multiply any kind of money that is given to you.
6Q: What is one characteristic that can describe you the best?
A: I am realistic, as a lot of people i have hope and dreams but I try to keep them down to earth and knowing that they are things i could success at with hard work.
Estella:
1Q: What is your relationship with Pip?
A: He is just another admirer, trying to fight for my love , but even though he now has money and somewhat of an education I know he still a low life boy that my mother Miss Havisham , would never accept.
2Q: What is your relationship with Miss Havisham?
A: My mother is my role model, “I who have sat on this same hearth on the little stool that is even now beside you there, learning your lessons and looking up into your face, when your face was strange and frightened me!” pg271.She’s all I’ve ever known and i follow her teachings.
3Q: What is one characteristic that represents you the best?
A: I am stubborn to anyone who is not my mother, I talk what I think or at least know is true and try to not take advice from people, mostly Pip. My answers are cold and short “Well!”Pg.276 and I try to keep my feelings as less noticeable as I can.
4Q : What was your life before you were adopted by Miss Havisham?
A: i was daughter of a magwitch, the coarse convict; therefore i was part of the very lowest level of society. The magwitch was a noble man, when raised by Miss Havisham i was forced to destroy my ability to express emotion.
5Q: What is the effect on your life for the lack of emotion.
A: i make poor life decisions and don’t think trough how my actions may affect me in the future or affect anyone around me , i try to make my mother proud and show her i learned well.
6Q: What do you predict may happen?
A: i think Pip will be happy without me and will find someone who loves him as he much loves me , it is better that way for his own sake and my reputation. He will be a successful man and i hope we might meet in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment